|I hope you are have had a wonderful time over the holidays spending time with family and friends.I’m back at my home from Christmas in Georgia. It was t-shirt weather just shy of eighty degrees. I will be including a video of the 1870’s Historic Victorian Inn that we stayed at on my blog within the next several days.
Over the holidays I have been reflecting on what an incredible year 2016 has been.
Here’s a look at some of my highlights:
- A closer connection to my Higher Power.
- Feeling stronger spiritually, mentally and physically.
- Stronger relationships with my husband, family and friends.
- My son called me for the first time in ten years. We spent a very healing time together.
- I wrote my first best seller on Amazon. Here is the link… https://amzn.com/B01FG70RJA
- I started my WordPress blog.
- Monica Graves filmed and edited my documentary on verbal abuse in Philly.
- Engel Jones from Trinidad interviewed me on his 12MinuteConvoy. It will be available shortly.
- I started my second book: Walks with Mcduff… Healing my Inner Child through Meditation and Mindfulness. I plan to release this book in March 2017.
What an incredible year!!!
Like you, I’m excited for what will happen in 2017!
I have been thinking, writing and planning all of my goals and dreams for the upcoming year. I highly recommend that you do it as well. Dominican University of California did a study on writing down your goals which was cited in Forbes magazine. The three crucial steps are accountability, commitment and writing. This is how I made my 2016 goals come into fruition.
By following these three steps you are preparing yourself to achieve your goals in 2017.
Let’s make this your year.
If you are interested in joining me in this adventure, join Authorpreneur Mastermind Group on Facebook, that was set up online this year by Barry Watson.
Here is an example of what I am doing this year:
SMART ACTION GOALS FOR JANUARY – MARCH 2017
1. YOUR BIG WHY – Passing On Experience, Strength and Hope to men and women in toxic relationships.
2a. WHAT do you want to :
START – Receiving an income from my first book, More Than My Share of Pain. I have been giving it away for free this year. Building my targeted list. Set up YouTube site. Put documentary on it. Setting up Mindfulness seminarin February. Setting up Mindfulness 8 week seminar for Spring.
MAINTAIN – My new blog, how to get targeted people to it. Toastmasters. Writing my second book, Walks withMcDuff. Facebook – targeted audience – put out ways to heal or tools to use heal. R&D online. Continue supporting Authorpreneur Mastermind Group led by Barry Watson.
STOP – being around negative people, cut back time invested in some of my different groups. Putting out negative information on Facebook regarding toxic relationships.
ACHIEVE– find more spiritually uplifting people, complete paperback and put on Amazon/Ingram Sparks. Put second book, Walks with Mcduff,online as an eBook.
2b. WHAT skills do you need to help you achieve your goals: more computer literate – WP, iTunes, YouTube, keywords, how to get noticed on the web. Need to learn how to duplicate a proven online seminar series.
3. HOW will I reach my goals – One step at a time, one day at a time, have realistic goals, adapt and overcome, link up with people who have already done it successfully, willing to learn and change methods, setting up a sound strategy.
4. WHEN dates do I plan to reach various tasks by? I will review my first quarter goals and put in realistic dates. See example below.
5. WHO is my target audience, people I need to help me achieve my goals. The target audience for my first goal which is getting my book out as a paperback. I need someone who can review my back cover and help me change a few pages in the beginning via keywords, links to a targeted community. Finding the right avenue/writing for someone who has been or is in a toxic relationship want to purchase my book.
Start backwards, write down what are the things you want to accomplish by the end of the year. Then break them into quarters. This looks more attainable and is not so overwhelming.
Example: 1-1-3-31. This spreadsheet was set up by Kylie Ansett.
Here’s to making out dreams come true…